- Leaders will experience a humanizing pedagogy and collaborate on ways to model this in their own educational contexts
- Leaders will be able to understand their positionality in facilitating adult learning: how race, gender, status, etc. need to be considered when facilitating adult learning that includes coaching relationships.
- Leaders will be able to design and lead professional learning that reflects models of the deeper learning we want to see in classrooms.
- Leaders will be able to utilize the school’s vision and priorities to align professional development.
- Leaders will be able to assess the current state of adult learning at their sites; with attention to how grounded it is in equity and ant-racist practices in order to develop an aligned, clear and coherent plan that will lead to transformative experiences for adults and students.
- Leaders will understand and apply the effectiveness of coaching and mentorship models and how they can be used to improve student learning experiences.
Here is the humanized agenda, created for a PD that I was giving to our faculty. We had a lot to cover and it was going to be a long day. I needed to integrate opportunities for choice, movement, and culture building.
The training went really well and the teachers felt that it was useful and worth their time. They appreciated the different activities and that it was interactive and encouraged discussion.
Here is the link to the Professional Development Slides.
My reflection can be found here.